Friday, November 6, 2015

A Funny Thing Happened…



… just a few days after my last blog.  I arrived at the store in the morning and Charlotte was excited to show me the new space that had opened up for lease across the street.  It was awesome, I agreed, with a view of the bay!   But I was looking to sell, not get into another lease.

The buyers I mentioned last month had an unfortunate habit of not communicating with me regularly.  In fact, just two days earlier I had left another message for them to call me with no answer.  Now, I needed some answers if I was going to contemplate moving across the street.  I left another, rather terse, message.

Shortly after, the mail arrived, and in it was a letter from those buyers saying they were not going to be able to buy the ‘Higher Self’ after all.  So, finally, an answer.  Now what do I do?  Call Jeff and Jo!  [Jeff and Jo Currier own ‘Ways to Wellness’ in Midland, Michigan, and were looking to expand when they heard about the Higher Self Bookstore going up for sale this past spring.  They absolutely met my intentions as perfect buyers and caretakers and the staff who met them agreed.  Alas, the bid they gave me, at that time, was less than I could accept.]

So, I called ‘Ways to Wellness’ and was told that both Jeff and Jo were out for the day.  I said I’d call the next day.  Ten minutes later, Jeff is calling me back!  I told him ‘what was what’ and he said he was coming up to Traverse City to see the new space … NOW! 

It would take Jeff almost three hours to get here which would spill into the time I was supposed to babysit my grandson.  Not to worry. A wonderful volunteer, Amy, stepped in last minute and became great friends with my grandson, Jonathan!

Jeff met with the real estate broker and looked at the space across the street; then, he met with me to look at the new numbers and figures; and then, he asked what price I wanted.  Because the store had been doing so well (since I made the decision to sell) I was able to reduce my asking price.  Jeff said, “We can do that!”

While I was waiting for Jeff to arrive, I received a text from one of the not-now buyers.  She said that the four of them (yes, two couples had intended to buy) had conducted a burning ceremony to release their connection to the store and to call in what I needed.   I sent a text back saying that it was working! AND, expressed my gratitude.

That day the energy in the store was like a Light Tornado or Possibilities!  Once that boulder had been moved, everything just flowed into place. Why things moved as they did until now I'll never know, but I do know it was all perfect.

Since that day it has been a whirlwind of activity as we prepare to change ownership and move (yes, move!) the business across the street!  We will sign papers AND move on November 30th!

The Higher Self Bookstore will continue with enhancements at 313 E. Front Street!  The rest stays the same including personnel, readers, and regular events.  No, I don’t know what I will be doing other than taking a sabbatical and getting quiet so I can hear clearly the “whats” and” wheres”  the Universe has in mind for me.

For more info on Jeff and Jo and Ways to Wellness, visit www.waystowellnessstore.com.  It has been my extreme pleasure to have shared with you and intend to write at least one more blog.  Thank you for letting me in.

1 comment:

  1. Ricki, I am so happy for you, although it may be a little tough to leave Higher Self, I can feel awesome happenings in your future. Good Luck in all you do!

    ReplyDelete